5 Tips that I stand by when THRIFTING
- Shop Alone! My biggest pet peeve is being rushed. It takes time to browse through all of the racks and sometimes you have to revisit one section a 2nd time because of the constant deliveries that are being added to each section.
- Don't over think! If you find a piece that you really love, just grab it, because if you decide to 'just think' about it, chances are the $3 item will be gone the next day.
- Keep an open mind! While its great to have a specific idea of what you are looking for, don't just dismiss other items you may have come across and may be useful to you.
- Don't Be Afraid of the Dirt! I found a beautiful wool coat with a fur collar and decided not purchase it because of a small stain on the bottom. I regretted this so much because I was later introduced to Vanish Oxi products which will remove 40 years old stains.
- Dress for the Occasion! I found that because this can be a tedious task, and you really have to dig through racks and racks of items, so you need to be comfortable. I spent hours in just one store and needed to try different pieces on, so I needed to be able to get in and out of my clothing and shoes with ease. It sounds crazy, but you want to wear a loose t-shirt ,jeans and sneakers or a comfy dress and flats.